Cycle of Culture Change: Rekindling the Joy of Practice with Lifestyle Medicine
Live and in-person at the Rochester Academy of Medicine!
All Medical Professionals are Invited!
September 29, 2022
The Rochester Academy of Medicine and Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute invite you to a Free event for Medical Practitioners
There will be a short presentation on our article about the "Cycle of Culture Change" in Rochester, published in the Journal of Family Practice Journal Jan/Feb 2022
Ted Barnett, MD, FACLM, DipABLM
President, Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute
Partner, Borg & Ide Imaging
The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Barnett about the pillars of Lifestyle Medicine and their power to help patients and providers.
Panelists will be:
- Susan Friedman, MD, MPH, AGSF, FACLM, Dip ABLM, Professor of Medicine at UR, board-certified in Lifestyle Medicine, Geriatrics and Internal Medicine
- Natasha Sodhi, MD, DipABLM, DipABFM, Rochester Regional Health
- Allison Ogawa, 4th year medical student and Medical Humanities Fellow
Audience participation will be encouraged!
Date: September 29, 2022
Location: Rochester Academy of Medicine - 1441 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14610
6:30 PM: Doors open
7:00 PM: Program starts in the auditorium
Light appetizers and dessert will be provided from 8-9 pm by Wegmans.
1 CME offered to Attendees
Better Health! More Joy of Practice!
Upon conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the science behind the benefits of lifestyle medicine, especially a whole-food plant-based (WFPB) diet, on health outcomes.
- Discuss the benefits of lifestyle medicine and WFPB nutrition with colleagues and patients, especially the vulnerable—underserved and at-risk.
- Integrate the pillars of lifestyle medicine into their medical practices and personal lives, to diminish burn-out, increase joy of practice, and achieve better patient outcomes.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) through the joint providership of the Rochester Academy of Medicine and Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute. The Rochester Academy of Medicine is accredited by the Medical Society of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Rochester Academy of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In order to reach as many clinicians and students as possible, we have made these tickets free!
Please consider making a donation during registration - especially if you will be requesting CME credit. Both RLMI and RAoM are non-profit organizations. We depend on donations to run our programs. All donations will be shared between RLMI and RAoM.
Please note: We will follow the local health protocol and guidelines per Monroe County in effect at the time of the event.